3 tips to handle the daily information overflow

What the hell is happening?

You work and you learn and above all the things that really matters in your life you get a daily overflow of information. How to deal with this?

First I wanna share with you my insights.

At the end of the day I am tired and all  I wanna do is relax my brain and body, be still for a few hours, watch a show or movie and go to bed. And in weekends take a breath and enjoy the free days.
But what is true?

Instead I keep reading and go for a walk, work in my home and before I know it I am tired once again.
Why is that I wondered?
I want to learn a lot of things in life before I die and nowadays we have a lot of information on internet, in books, and even outdoors. All the time we are blinded by so many people, publicity and information.
Last week I went several times into the Woods and spend an hour in nature to calm down. It worked out just fine and this week I will do the same.
But still I have to be carefull with the overload even if the temptation is coming to get me.

So the first tip for anyone who has to deal with the same problem is go into nature at least for an hour.

I select the things I wanna read, first I go to my social media and look for news (twitter, LinkedIn, google+, Facebook and google news. I have made a personal choice in news gathering and I share it with my readers. I am reading not longer than one hour and then I begin writing in my blog.

So, in fact I do the same but in less time. The articles and newsletters I wanna read I put them in my maps with a specific label like newsletter from X and Y and so on...

During the week I select the most relevant articles and read them.

That was tip 2 :-)

2 years I had no longer an account on Facebook. Last week I decided to go back. And I found out I didn't miss a thing, it was like Facebook didn't go into the future but more like old school. I can recommend everybody to detox from Facebook a week or even a longer period to calm down after being overwhelmed by a lot of information or select daily the information you wanna read and share in one hour.

That was tip 3!

In short, reduce the overflow, enjoy in nature alone, with friends and family and your housepets.

Veronique Beauprez
info@genare.be


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

7 star thoughts for success in networking

Are you afraid of what is not in front of you?

Struggling with your network marketing business?